COGR COVID-19 Home Visit Guidelines
- COGR representative will confirm on the day of the home visit that no one in the representative’s or the applicant’s homes are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19
- COGR representative will use hand sanitizer prior to entering the applicant’s home
- COGR representative and applicant will wear masks for the duration of the home visit
- Applicant will use hand sanitizer prior to touching the dog; if the applicant does not have hand sanitizer, hand sanitizer will be provided by the COGR representative
- The majority of the home visit will be conducted outside (weather permitting)
- COGR representative and applicant will maintain a minimum distance of 6 feet both inside and outside
- These guidelines also apply to the current foster of the dog, should they decide to participate in the home visit
We appreciate your understanding and support during this unprecedented time.
Welcome! Please come and see us at one of our Meet & Greet events. Be sure to check out the Adoptables page to see what greyt dogs become available! Please check our Adoption Process page for details on the entire process of adopting.
If you’re not ready to adopt have you considered fostering? COGR is always in need of foster homes to help the hounds transition from track life to retirement. Nothing is more satisfying than helping a hound find a new life. If you’re interested in fostering send us an e-mail, Facebook message, submit an application, or give us a call at 614-239-0943.
COGR will only place greyhounds in the Central Ohio area. If you live outside Central Ohio and want to adopt a hound check out our list of Adoption Groups in other parts of the country.